This is a special Fashion Friday featuring Ashley Goode, up-and-coming fashion stylist and fashion blogger at Vogue Binge. Here is my email interview with her along with some photos of some of her and her work. Enjoy!
1. What is you fashion blog/website/venture called? When and why did you start it? My brand is called Vogue Binge, specializing in fashion writing, styling and photography. I started in March 2010, blogging and sharing my style and daily outfit with others. I've always had a passion for photography and styling, and wanted to incorporate it into my platform. So, I rebranded into offering additional services in 2011. Vogue Binge's mission is to "Create to Inspire." Once I found my calling to inspire others through my craft, I dedicated my blog to encouraging others to follow their dreams.
2. What have been your most exciting and proud moments so far in your fashion venture? I think my number proud moment is just seeing how my brand affects and encourages others. It's amazing to know that other people are inspired by your work and you're making a difference. Another proud moment of mine is when I was able to put together and style my first photoshoot. Something about planning and putting time in to a project, and finally seeing it come to life, feel amazing! I strive to continue to progress within my career in the future.
3. What growth and opportunities are you striving for during the rest of 2014 and in 2015 for this venture? For this rest of this year and 2015, I hope to work with more brands in collaboration and partnership, as. well as developing an online boutique. I am striving to turn Vogue Binge into a household name. I don't want to say to much, but there is a lot in store for the year to come!
5. What are your 3 Fall must-haves (clothing item, accessory, makeup)? Hmm..there's so many to choose from. I'm totally in love with sporty and androgynous clothing that I would like to adopt into my own wardrobe. So I'd like to pick up a pair of joggers to sport with a pair of single sole heels. I'd also like to purchase a pair of white platform chucks and boyfriend jeans.
6. Any closing statements or things you want to add that weren't discussed? I'd like to say, no matter your dreams and goals that you have, don't give up! Continue to work towards them, and I promise you will see an outcome. Stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize! If you're looking for weekly inspiration and fashion updates, be sure to subscribe to our Vogue Binge Newsletters. (Subscribe here)
7. What are the 3 resources every fashion professional needs to know about and use regularly? 3 resources I think every fashion professional needs to know about is LinkedIn, Style.com, and any social media platform. LinkedIn because it is a great network to display your resume/work experience and connect with people in the industry around the world. Style.com is my number one source for keeping up with the latest trends, designers, fashion news and more. Every fashion professional must be up on the latest! I think if you are in the fashion industry you should be using at least 1-2 social media platforms that are comfortable to you; Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. It's important to have internet presence to market and sell their product or services. Especially during this age, where society is surrounded by technology.
Ashley's idea for the photo shoot.
I put this shoot together on my own for my lookbook called "Girls Night Out." The lookbook was created to capture three styles that a modern day fashionista could wear on a night out on the town with their girlfriends. The first look was inspired to portray a sophisticated gal, who enjoys using animal prints to spice up her wardrobe (pic with the light pole).
Photographer: Beach Photo
Model: Kasey Witt
Wardrobe Stylist: Ashley Goode
Make-up Artist: Karen VaughnI enjoyed and learned a lot from my interview with Ashley. She's a very talented and inspiring young lady and I wish her the best! What did you like about this week's fashion pro spotlight? Let me know in the comments below. Thank you for reading, take care.