I enjoy talking about my fave stuff so talking about the makeup and skincare products I love is always fun. Who's knows, it may help someone discover some cool, new-to-them products. So let me jump right in!
My Top Favorite Makeup Products:
1. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Lips Balm in Nourishing Coconut: Super smoothing, great in the winter or anytime of the year.
2. Prestige Lipstick in Velvet: A deep, rich berry color that making me feel va-va voom!
3. Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Golden Deep and Mineral Veil: I love this stuff, it blends in seemlessly and evens out my color without looking unnatural.
4. Avon Color Trends Eyeshadow in Rose Gold: Sadly it was discontinued but I still have a little left. I found a great dupe for it, which is E.L.F. Custom Eyes Eyeshadow in Mocha.
5. E.L.F. Blush in Mellow Mauve: I use it as eyeshadow because I just love mauve and pink eyeshadows.
6. E.L.F. Eyeshadow Palette: 32 piece warm eyeshadow set. This has so many beautiful pink and earth tone shades in mattes and metallics.
My Top Favorite Skincare Products:
1. My Creamy Oil Blend: My original recipe with shea butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil and glycerine has my whole family abuzz and wanting more, it's that good! The nourishing oil blend works together to heal any dry skin or hair issue.
2. Now Solutions Vegetable Glycerine: This stuff works so well on super dry skin and hair, that I consider it a "holy grail" product. Meaning that it has been truly amazing and transformative for my hair and skin.
3. 365 Everyday Value Lavender Shower Gel (I use on my face and body): I started using this on my face when I got too cheap to buy my regular face wash. This is gentle, soothing, smells great and no harsh ingredients so I have no regrets using this on my face.
4. 365 everyday Value Fragrance Free Body Lotion and Burt's Bee's Milk & Honey Body Lotion (I use on my face and body): I currently use 365 lotion on my face and it works great because again I'm too cheap to spend $ on a separate face lotion. I did use Burt's Bees for a few years and loved it but I succumbed to being cheap so I quit using it. These natural body lotions work great on my face, I've never had any issues with them. I also used Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Face Lotion for a couple years, which was amazing but didn't want to shell out $32 for the 5 oz bottle anymore. Mind you, the bottle lasted me about 8 months to a year because I used it very sparingly but I just can justify buying it anymore.
5. Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly: I use this as a base to make shave gel or skin moisturizer mixed with jojoba oil and glycerine. The mixture is very moisturizing and nourishing for skin.
6. DermaE Evenly Radiant Intensive Skin Brightening Complex: This is great to get rid of dark spots quickly but it must be used everyday to be effective long.term. The first time I used it I saw a noticeable different on an old dark spot.
7. Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Balancing Toner: I love this stuff because you can dab it on an area of dry skin and it smooths it out within a few days. It's soothing yet powerful.
8. DermaE Evenly Radiant & Glycolic and Vitamin A Face Washes: Both excellent and very brightening for my skin. Loved these both but these are the ones I mentioned that I stopped buying because I'm cheap. They were $11.99 each for 8 oz.
9. Aveda Stress-Fix Body Lotion: Very emollient and good for winter. The scent smells like lavender and the bottle says it's a stress relieving aroma. Very true.
10. Aveda Personal Blends Hydrating Formula Body Lotion: You can go into an Aveda "experience center" aka retail store and pick out one of the essential oil aroma blends to have them customize a lotion for you. Mine smelled so good, I believe it was called aroma 4 floral, woody.
What are your favorite makeup and skincare products? Let me know in the comments section.
Thanks for reading, take care.